Saturday, April 15, 2006

Traditions Inspire, Motivate and Keep Spirit Alive

Right before Christmas I wrote a message for my Motivation Newsletter subscribers about the value of traditions. I will dig the entire piece out of my archives and post it here soon, but in the meantime and in the spirit of the Easter Holiday that is upon many of us, I wanted to reinforce the importance of tradition in our lives. Every holiday I am reminded of my dear mother who passed on last year; but memories are what keeps her alive and well within my own family. It is the memory of coloring Easter Eggs, baking cookies, and the Easter basket that was always filled to the brim on Easter morning that makes it seem as if it was only yesterday that the Easter Bunny was hopping around my backyard. And as I pass these and many more traditions down to my own children, I see the delight in their eyes when we embark on activities that they will one day do with their own children. At their young ages, they don't look much further beyond these activities than the excitement of the moment, but I see a much bigger picture and know the value they too will one day come to place on all these special times we share together. Without tradition, in whatever form it takes, there is no legacy, no passage of time that marks our existence. No matter who you share your special time with, start a tradition today! Even if it is a small token or gesture; or a special event, trip or activity. It is your bookmark in time and your opportunity to leave a part of your special and unique style in this world. And you never know who is taking notice and what they are filing away... As I was cleaning up the egg coloring cups today, my 5 year old asked if she could keep the left over stickers; when I asked her what she was going to do with them, she replied, "I want to save them so I can use them with my little girl when I dye eggs with her...." And just when you think no one is watching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Copyright 2005, 06 90PercentAttitude.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
MulacSites | Internet Marketing Motivation Support Home Business Entrepreneurs | Domains, Websites, Traffic, SEO, PLR