Friday, March 24, 2006

Saying Thank You Has Its Own Rewards

Several weeks ago I wrote a thank you letter to an organization that had performed a variety of services for me. This wasn't an Internet Marketing testimonial letter as we all think about so frequently, but an actual letter that was sent to a private sector community organization. My experience with this fine group of people was so impressive that I felt it would be wrong not to share my satisfation with the director of the organization. So I proceeded to compose a letter detailing not only the individual staff members that I had direct contact with, but I also referenced several other people that I knew to be an integral part of their organization. I underscored how much I knew their jobs were sometimes thankless ones and that I really wanted to make it a point to let them hear praise where it was due. My guess is like so many professions, the only time they hear from someone is when there is a problem and that complaints are louder than compliments. I pretty much figured that the director would share it with her immediate staff and the two main individuals I mentioned by name, and that would be the extent of it. I was completely satisfied in knowing that it brightened the day of a few people when it arrived, and once it had been sent, I didn't give it a second thought. Yesterday, however, I got a wonderful phone call. One of the people I mentioned in the letter called to thank me, but in doing so, she also put a whole new twist on what I viewed as a simple, well-deserved "thank you." My letter it seems was circulated a bit further than I had anticipated. Not only did the director share it with the entire local organization, it was also sent to the regional and state offices. Excepts were posted in their statewide newsletter and it has become part of a funding request that will allow many people to benefit in untold ways from this point forward. The impact of the letter was such that while the staff occasionally gets thank you notes and the like, it is rare for the entire organization to be singled out with such direct praise. And in several ways, this praise is being used to support future funding and an opportunity to have far reaching effects on others. The bonus for me? I have a great deal of satisfaction in knowing that a simple, heartfelt "Thank You" will touch so many lives and the results that one letter will yeild. It took only a negligible fraction of my day to put my praise into words and in return I have the gratification of know what a difference those few minutes made! Is there someone in your life that deserves thanks? Take time now to let them know, the rewards will be plentiful I assure you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Copyright 2005, 06 90PercentAttitude.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
MulacSites | Internet Marketing Motivation Support Home Business Entrepreneurs | Domains, Websites, Traffic, SEO, PLR