Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Power of Positive Thinking in My Life

Overall, I really haven't had a difficult life - no major tragedy or devastating illnesses to conquer - but I have had my share of challenges. I've had financial obstacles, marital discord, family dysfunction, and the like; and yet, I am where I am today is due in large part to how I handled each of these events in my life. While in the midst of these various annoyances (which is as much credit as I will give them) many outsiders commented that they didn't know how I managed to stay so upbeat and positive when for all intents and purposes, the world as I knew it was crumbling around me - at least from their perspective! Me, on the other hand, I have just always seen these things as opportunities... times to begin anew, moments to seize as a lesson to be learned, events that opened new doors. And I have always been of the belief that nothing in life happens to us without a reason. So if I have to endure a particular experience, I might as well turn it into a positive, instead of getting bogged down in the negative. Afterall, when I'm smack in the middle of something that isn't all that desirable, moaning and complaining certainly isn't going to change it. In fact, it will only make it worse because that is what I have chosen to dwell on. Instead, I take a deep breath and repeat to myself, "This too shall pass..." And you know what? It always does! And once I have moved through the "crisis du jour," I always discover that I have come out further ahead - either from a new experience, a new idea, or a new opportunity that wasn't present before the upheaval. This retrospect is great, but it is the period of time that we are experiencing the turmoil which is the tricky part. I know that, and I acknowledge to you that if you are in the middle of something challenging right now as you read this, that what I am suggesting you do is asking a lot. If you were just laid off and don't know where your next meal is coming from, my cheerful admonishing to "think positive" doesn't do much to inspire you - let alone quell the hungar. In fact, it may make you want to gag! But life is full of solutions and if you focus on how bad things are, you won't ever see the opportunity that is right in front of you. Your negativity will cloud the picture and obscure brighter paths that will let you rise above your current situation. My next post will be an exercise that will start helping you to put these concepts into play in your own life and in real time. ... All you have to do is want it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Copyright 2005, 06 90PercentAttitude.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
MulacSites | Internet Marketing Motivation Support Home Business Entrepreneurs | Domains, Websites, Traffic, SEO, PLR